In this video from Portland Startup Weekend 2011, Dev Sinha performs the song, “Code Monkey” written by Jonathan Coulton.. Recorded Oct. 16, 2011 in Portland, Oregon.
Dev Sinha is co-owner of Pacific Ice, which provides ice and grey water service to Portland’s famous food carts.
In this video, Ken Westin, chief executive of GadgetTrak describes the company’s software for finding and recovering stolen gadgets. Recorded at Portland Startup Weekend on Oct. 16, 2011.
The good folks from the StartupHPC-15 Conference have posted the Agenda for their meeting at SC15. The day-long conference takes place Monday, Nov 16 in Austin at the Capital Factory in Downtown Austin, Texas.
Does your Startup have ties to High Performance Computing? Please come, meet like minded people, listen to industry notables, and help StartupHPC continue its efforts to build a support community. Echoing Seymour Cray, the supercomputing world’s iconic inventor who once said ‘Thank heaven for start-up companies or we’d never make any progress,’ StartupHPC advocates a sharp increase in entrepreneurship training and support infrastructure for STEM and HPC practitioners.
- Welcome: Steve Campbell, Partner, OrionX
- The “Get-Funded” Framework: From Idea to Launch: Shahin Khan, Partner, OrionX
- Entrepreneur Ecosystem: Grooming for Growth: Mellie Price, MD/Fund Director & GP, Capital Factory, and Founder/CEO, Front Gate Tickets
- Incubators: Cultivating Ideas: Blake Yaeger, Managing Director, TechStars
- Founder Stories: BitFusion: Subbu Rama, CEO, BitFusion.io
- Hot Markets, Key Apps, Core Algorithms: Peter ffoulkes, Industry Insight & Advisory, Partner, OrionX
- The “Inside” Scoop: Signs Your Pitch Won’t Stick: Rich Brueckner, President, insideHPC Media
- Go to Market: Vision & Value Proposition: Shahin Khan, Partner, OrionX
- Digital Marketing: Essentials in Engagement: Kim McMahon, CEO, McMahon Consulting
- Founder Stories: Virtual Bridges: Leo Reiter, CTO, Nimbix/former Founder, Virtual Bridges
- Building Your Base: Landing Early Customers: Dale Geldart, Startup Executive/former CEO eXludus Technologies
- Learning from Failure: 3 Companies (interactive): Dan Olds, Principal, Gabriel Consulting Group, and
Contributing Editor, The Register
- CxO Probe: Q&A Panel: Dr. Stephen Perrenod, (Moderator)
(Panel to be announced) Partner, OrionX
- Founder Stories: WhamCloud: Brent Gorda, Intel, and Founder of WhamCloud
As you may recall from SC14, StartupHPC’s inaugural conference featured an all-star roster of speakers and panelists that includes CEOs, CTOs, Founders, senior executives, serial entrepreneurs, attorneys, marketers, journalists, and industry analysts. Sharing first hand experiences and advice will illuminate the requirements for, and the practical paths towards, the successful creation and growth of startups.
As an added bonus, Video clips of last year’s event are available with registration for this year’s conference or by subscription. If you are a student, please contact us for a 60% discount code.
Register now for Early Bird rates! * Sign up for our insideHPC Newsletter
In this video, J.R. Storment from Cloudability describes how the company helps clients track and optimize their Cloud Computing expenditures.
PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, we’ve got you covered. Use Cloudability to bring all your cloud costs into one place so you can save time, reduce waste and nip overages in the bud. Because the cloud is infinitely scalable but your dollars are not.
This video was recorded on January 17, 2012 at the Pie PDX Demo day in Portland, Oregon. Read the Full Story.
In this video, Michael Baum from Rembrandt Venture Partners discusses Big Data marketplace as an exciting space to be in for investors and Startups. Recorded at the Structure: Data conference in New York on March 21, 2012.
In this video, Will Dean and Guy Livingstone from Tough Mudder present: “How to Build a $70 Million Company in Two Years.” Recorded March 19 at WIX Lounge in New York.
Tough Mudder events are hardcore 10-12 mile obstacle courses designed by British Special Forces to test your all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie. As the leading company in the booming obstacle course industry, Tough Mudder has already challenged half a million inspiring participants worldwide and raised more than $2 million dollars for the Wounded Warrior Project. But Tough Mudder is more than an event, it’s a way of thinking. By running a Tough Mudder challenge, you’ll unlock a true sense of accomplishment, have a great time, and discover a camaraderie with your fellow participants that’s experienced all too rarely these days.
As described in the video, Tough Mudder has a unique corporate culture that has contributed to their success. And they are hiring!
In this video, Julie Sandler from Madrona Venture Group introduces Startup Weekend’s Women’s Edition in Seattle.
The entrepreneurial talent we see from women in Seattle is inspiring, and we are excited about creating an event that will showcase it. A big goal for the event is also to provide the opportunity for the aspiring women entrepreneurs in our community to (1) get inspired by an idea/product/team… perhaps even enough to explore starting their own venture, or (2) become more connected with other brilliant entrepreneurially-minded individuals in Seattle and thus more engaged within our local entrepreneurial ecosystem.